Wednesday 19 November 2014

Learn How Caregivers Will Help You To Age Gracefully


Well who says that we can’t age gracefully, or that at our senior ages we have to remain dependant on our loved ones? Well my brother being part of the main Senior Home Care Ottawa staff would have disagreed with you, and so would I having seen what they dedicate their time to. Usually it is not that the seniors that they take care of cannot take care of themselves. That is never entirely true, depending on a senior’s condition, they may get dependant to others or not. However in most cases my brother and their staff dedicate their time in simply providing assistance where necessary. 


Take it from me that the assistance will usually differ. One of their main patients is a neighbor who lives a few blocks away from us. And once in a while when I am passing along the street I usually see one of the care takers from Senior Home Care Ottawa helping the senior lady with a few exercises on her lawn. Sometimes they may be helping with pushing out the trash can. However whenever the lady invites me over she cooks, and even cleans up the dishes. Simple and ideal, I came to understand that all she may lack at times is company and above all she is still in a good shape to keep going. So guess what, I am one of her constant visitors lately. 

Yet there are others that true to the fact may require much more than just general assistance. Once in a while before we get to bed my brother tells me a little more about these things. If you have a patient who has terminal illness say cancer, they may need to be constantly monitored. In such cases the best home care providers such as Ottawa Home Care may choose a staff with a medical knowledge back ground to stand in for them. So the truth is we can all still age gracefully and in a more accommodating environment. 

And while sometimes I always show concern to my brother and there staff. He fills me in that the best caregivers will always learn their job well. It takes a personal choice to decide on being a caregiver and therefore they must love their job. At true to his word, the passion with which they do their work manifests to that. My brother’s rate of understanding is very ideal. He takes every single day with a big grin on his face, and the strength, preparedness, and love that his job demands. That is how I can always tell that he is simply an awesome caregiver. 

He also has a great ability to juggle between our family time, and his job. In addition to that he is always out there studying more and more everyday so that he can get the right information to serve his patients. The last I can recall he was researching on how to care for a loved on who suffers from dementia.              

It is important for us to appreciate our caregivers because without them we may as well be rocked.                

0 comments:

Post a Comment